[augeas-devel] libguestfs crash in libaugeas (reproducer)

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Aug 5 21:02:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 12:32 +0100, Matthew Booth wrote:
> I've managed to create a (relatively) minimal reproducer. Download my
> guest config tarball from here:
> http://people.redhat.com/mbooth/tmp/rhel54pv64-config.tar.xz

Excellent ... this was enough to figure out what's going wrong and fix
it. The problem was that upon load, dead tree nodes weren't removed from
variables defined with 'defnode' - part of the reason is a smaller bug
in how /augeas/variables gets set up, in that variables defined with
defnode do not show up there under some circumstances.

In any event, I just posted a few patches to address this. You really
only need patch 2/4 from that patch series to fix it.

Would be great if you could give that a spin. If it fixes the v2v issue,
I'll commit the patches.