[augeas-devel] Patch: more generic shellvars lense

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Wed Aug 18 22:20:14 UTC 2010

Hi Mike,

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 15:19 +0200, mike.hauth at dfs.de wrote:
> i want to commit a patch for the shellvars lense.
> By convention all files in /etc/sysconfig/ should be files with shell
> variable syntax. So it will be fine, if all (*) files would be
> included.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. There are certain files
in /etc/sysconfig that are _not_ shell scripts. On my machine (Fedora
13), I have for example /etc/sysconfig/sysstat.ioconf, which is
decidedly not a shell script.

Are there specific files you are missing in the default setup ? I'd be
more comofortable adding files that we know are shell variable files.

Note that you can also tell augeas which files to load by
manipulating /augeas/load[1]

> Also Novells SUSE's distributions locate their network setup
> configurations in /etc/sysconfig/network, instead of network-scripts.

Adding that part of the patch would be fine.

Also, it will make my life a lot easier if you send patches in unified
format (output of diff -u or what 'git diff' and 'git format-patch'
produce)

David

[1] http://augeas.net/page/Loading_specific_files