[augeas-devel] Using Shellvars for Gentoo's conf.d/net config

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 16:40:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 10:28 -0500, Doug Warner wrote:
> On 02/03/2010 09:41 AM, Doug Warner wrote:
> > Thanks for looking into that so quickly!  I tried just pulling this lens from
> > git into augeas 0.5.0 (old, I know :P) but I'm not seeing the values, although
> > the file seems to parse now (no errors).
> >
> > I'm assuming the next thing I should do is upgrade augeas to test (with this
> > new lens)?
>
> Nevermind; I was interpreting the "null" I got from config_eth0/ as "I
> couldn't parse that" and it was actually "null" in the config file.

When Augeas loads files, it generally does not report an error if some
of the files can not be read; if that's the case, the whole subtree for
that file will be missing. Augeas will never produce a tree for part of
a file.

The way to see if there were errors reading files is to do a
'print /augeas//error' in augtool - but it seems in your case that it's
working.