[augeas-devel] Augeas lens for Debian control file

Dominique Dumont dominique.dumont at hp.com
Fri Feb 26 13:35:23 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 24 February 2010 20:37:35 David Lutterkort wrote:
> > This lens applies to Debian control file used for Debian package
> > creation.  Since this is a user's configuration file, not to a system
> > configuration file, augtool '-r' option must be used to set up the root
> > directory used by Augeas.
>
> Another way to do this is to set up the transform manually, e.g.
>
>         augtool --noautload <<EOF
>         rm /augeas/load/*
>         set /augeas/load/Debctrl/lens Debctrl.lns
>         set /augeas/load/Debctrl/incl /path/to/control
>         load
>         ... do stuff ..
>         EOF

Err, that's an _interesting_ way of replacing the '-r' option ;-)

I see 2 problems:
- the setup is more complex than just specifying the root dir
- the user is required to know the name of the lens to apply to control file

Anyway, feel free to add these steps in the comment of Debctrl lens.

> With that, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to omit the 'autoload xfm'
> from the lens ?
>
> The above could be made much less painful if I added options to specify
> one transform to augtool, so that you could say
>
>         augtool --lens Debctrl.lns --incl /path/to/control
>
> which would do the things above up to and including the load.

Which is more simple but still require the user to match the file name and the
lens name.

All the best

Dominique
--