[augeas-devel] regex match problem even though tests pass

Adam Stokes ajs at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 16:13:24 UTC 2010

When running augtool it spits out errors on this file and others like it:

/augeas/files/etc/sysconfig/atd/error = "parse_failed"
/augeas/files/etc/sysconfig/atd/error/pos = "373"
/augeas/files/etc/sysconfig/atd/error/line = "8"
/augeas/files/etc/sysconfig/atd/error/char = "0"
/augeas/files/etc/sysconfig/atd/error/lens = "/usr/share/augeas/lenses/dist/shellvars.aug:50.12-.53:"
/augeas/files/etc/sysconfig/atd/error/message = "Iterated lens matched less than it should"

# specify additional command line arguments for atd
#
# -l Specifies  a  limiting  load  factor,  over which batch jobs should not be run, instead of the compile-time
#    choice of 0.8.  For an SMP system with n CPUs, you will probably want to set this higher than n-1.
#
#  -b Specifiy the minimum interval in seconds between the start of two batch jobs (60 default).
#
#example:
#OPTS="-l 4 -b 120"

its complaining about "#example:", however, when running my test:

module T =
    let s = Sys.read_file "nfs"
    test Shellvars.lns get "# MOUNTD_PORT=892\n" =
      { "MOUNTD_PORT" = "892"
	{ "commented" }
      }

    let k = Sys.read_file "/etc/sysconfig/atd"
    test Shellvars.lns get "#example:\n" =
      { "#comment" = "example:" }

It passes and if I delete that line from /etc/sysconfig/atd augtool won't complain and allows me to alter the configs and save. This is using the patched shellvars.aug that was posted yesterday as well.

any ideas?

--