[augeas-devel] Gnulib as a git submodule

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Mon Jul 19 22:11:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

Augeas relies heavily on gnulib[1] for portability. So far, the precise
checkout Augeas used for gnulib was not recorded anywhere - it was
whatever I had in my checkout at a given point in time.

I just pushed changes to rectify that. Gnulib is now used as a git
submodule. The details of that are hidden by the autogen.sh and
bootstrap scripts. If you have a git checkout, the next time you run
autogen.sh, the submodule should be set up automatically.

You can now see the precise gnulib checkout in use by running 'git
submodule'. Thanks to Eric Blake for pointing me at the (very short)
instructions on setup[2]

David

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/gnulib.html#VCS-Issues