[augeas-devel] Augeas lens for Debian control file

Dominique Dumont dominique.dumont at hp.com
Tue Mar 2 08:35:38 UTC 2010

On Friday 26 February 2010 19:49:21 David Lutterkort wrote:
> Ok .. you convinced me. I pushed the lens as-is - the only downside of
> using autoload here is that in the default setup, Augeas will try to
> find the file /control. That is not much of a problem right now, and
> hopefully will never be.

May be a notion of context is needed here for augtool (or libaugeas):
- look for files in /etc in sysadmin context
- look for files in ~/.* in user context
- look for files in . in application context

If a lens is tied to a context, it can be used only for the roght set of
files.

Now, the trick is to find the context. EUID can be used to find sysadmin
context, bit I don't know how to distinguish between user and application
context....

Thoughts ?

Dominique
--