[augeas-devel] load specific lens

Frederik Wagner fnerdwq at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 10 08:46:46 UTC 2010

Hi .*,

I'm editing /etc/sysconfig files with the augeas resource through puppet.
Since the Shellvars lens ist not able to handle a string as an array
of words, I wrote a different lens where I split a string into its
'words'. This is usefull in quite some sysconfig files.

Since most of the sysconfig configuration files are already included
in the Shellvars lens and I get - logically - an error including them
also in my new lens, I need a way to only specify my lens.
I would like to keep all lenses in the same directory (patching the
package), therefore an include on some other directories using the
parameter "load_path" is actually not the way I want to go.

1. Is there a way to explicitly tell augeas to use only one of the two lenses?
2. Would there be a way to inlcude the 'string' array handling into
the shellvars lens? Probably only by handling specific entries of
specific files (how do I test for the scanned file in a lens?)
diferently, I suppose?

Thanks a lot an bye,
Frederik