[augeas-devel] load specific lens

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 01:06:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 09:46 +0100, Frederik Wagner wrote:
> I'm editing /etc/sysconfig files with the augeas resource through puppet.
> Since the Shellvars lens ist not able to handle a string as an array
> of words, I wrote a different lens where I split a string into its
> 'words'. This is usefull in quite some sysconfig files.

Nice !

> Since most of the sysconfig configuration files are already included
> in the Shellvars lens and I get - logically - an error including them
> also in my new lens, I need a way to only specify my lens.
> I would like to keep all lenses in the same directory (patching the
> package), therefore an include on some other directories using the
> parameter "load_path" is actually not the way I want to go.

If you want to do it that way, you'd have to also patch shellvars.aug
and remove the files you are treating special from the filter.

> 1. Is there a way to explicitly tell augeas to use only one of the two lenses?

There are two ways: (1) patch shellvars.aug to not include the file(s)
in its filter (2) start augtool/libaugeas and pass --noautload and then
manipulate /augeas/load

For a package-level change, (2) doesn't look very useful though.