[augeas-devel] Adding a Augeas version constant to the public API

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 21:33:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 01:39 -0300, Pedro Padron wrote:
> I think it would be nice to have some constant that could tell the
> version of the Augeas library.

You can already - 'get /augeas/version' gives you the version.

> This is specially useful for those who maintain language bindings and
> intend to keep BC in some cases.

I started advertising some features underneath /augeas/version (do a
'print /augeas/version' to see what's there), though that hasn't been
very consistent. I'd be more than happy to add additional static nodes
in there to indicate features - do you have any specific ones that you
need ?

> I tried to fill a bug report on this, but got a "TICKET_CREATE
> privileges are required to perform this operation" error.
> (and I do have a Fedora account)

Weird .. do you still have any more error details ?