[augeas-devel] augtool autosave not working

Nathaniel Cook nvcook42 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 22:01:08 UTC 2011

I have recently upgraded to augeas 0.9.0 and it seems that the
autosave feature for augtool is not working. I have a couple of simple
bash scripts that call augtool to configure a machine. Commands like
this no longer work:

augtool -s set /files/etc/hosts/#comment[3] test

The file isn't being modified.  I can run the same command in the
interactive shell and it works great.  I have checked permissions and
tried other options like --new and -backup but none of the files are
created.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Nathaniel

P.S. I just compiled version 0.8.1 and tested this and it works. So it
definitely seems to be and 0.9.0 bug.