[augeas-devel] How can I reverse the order of the parsed keys?

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 23:34:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 15:43 +1300, Steve Shipway wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the feedback on this recent question.  Looks
> like the current Design Philosophy is that I should keep to the parsed
> file order in order that updates can be managed correctly.  It would
> be nice to be able to do further abstraction of the data once it is in
> the tree, though, for OS independence (I'm looking at this from the
> point of view of using Puppet+Augeas in a heterogeneous environment).

Truth be told, I never thought people would use augeas directly through
the augeas type; I always thought augeas would be used to write puppet
types in ruby more easily. For more complicated abstractions, that's
what you might have to resort to - of course, there's nothing wrong with
using hte augeas type directly for the cases where it is adequate.

> In the meantime, I've created lens files for MRTG/Routers2 config files.

Cool - did I miss the patches flying by ? ;)