[augeas-devel] strange test failure

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 23:38:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 11:59 -0600, Jennings, Jared L CTR USAF AFMC 46
SK/CCI wrote:
> (Sorry if this isn't the right depth of question for this list: I
> haven't found an augeas-users list)

This is the right list for these questions.

> I'm working on a lens for Upstart init files. I have a bunch of tests,
> culminating with a test that tries to parse
> /etc/init/kexec-disable.conf. When that test runs, it fails, but the
> actual and expected results are the same! How can I fix a test that
> doesn't appear to be broken?

It is probably a silly whitespace issue - maybe a tab vs. space problem
or something similar. What I usually do to spot these is to cut&paste
the actual and the expected output into different files and diffing them
(in reality, I just put them in different emacs buffers and run
ediff-buffers)

It would be very nice if augparse could launch diff automatically to
show you exactly where the test result differs from the expected.