[augeas-devel] gnulib update for AIX support

James Conner j.conner at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 7 16:47:44 UTC 2011

Hi Folks (particularly David & Matthew)

Thanks for the latest set of hints/pointers - I was indeed missing Flex
from my AIX box (although I had put bison on there already). After I
added a suitable version of Flex on there, autogen completes
successfully. However, I am now onto a new problem during linking. It
tells me "ERROR: Undefined symbol: .aug_span" when it tries to link
augtool together. (I've attached a complete build log from start to
finish in the hope that someone can spot what I'm doing wrong now).

I am not sure why it is giving me an undefined symbol - The exact same
code compiles and links perfectly on my Ubuntu box. For completeness, I
also tried the alternative route of running autogen.sh and 'make dist'
on a different box, then doing the compile on AIX - It gives exactly the
same results with an undefined symbol for aug_span during linking.

Any pointers?

Cheers,

Jim