[augeas-devel] Augeas Merging Configuration

Christos Bountalis c.bountalis at gmail.com
Fri May 6 08:55:54 UTC 2011

Hello,

My name is Christos Bountalis,I just joined this list. I was about to begin
coding a new tool from scratch for merging configurations files for openSUSE
as a student project for Google Summer of Code 2011. Recently, however we
got a suggestion about Augeas that found very interesting. So instead of
writing a new application I am thinking of extending Augeas with the ability
to merge configuration files.

If am i not wrong, this feature is not available in Augeas at the moment,
right?

Well I just thought I should ask for your opinion on this matter. I would be
more than grateful for any information and suggestions that could help me.

Thank you,
Christos