[augeas-devel] User documentation for lenses

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 07:34:02 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've always wanted to improve user documentation for lenses. I think
most users get lost trying to guess the paths to use in Augeas. This
is already the reason why I had introduced NaturalDocs documentation 3
years ago.

Now I'd really like to improve it a bit more. In the last lens I've
been working on (reprepro_uploaders.aug), I've tried to add useful
comments, and I've activated NaturalDocs comments for tests. The
result can be seen on
http://r.pinson.free.fr/augeas/doc/lenses/files/reprepro_uploaders-aug.html
and http://r.pinson.free.fr/augeas/doc/lenses/files/tests/test_reprepro_uploaders-aug.html.

Please let me know what you think, how you think this is useful (or
not) and how it could still be improved to truly help users grasp how
to use the lenses.

Cheers,

Raphaël