[augeas-devel] limits.conf

Martinsson Patrik patrik.martinsson at smhi.se
Wed Oct 26 14:23:25 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm using augeas to set limits in the limits.conf, and I'm trying to get the nice "column-based-limitsfile" working.

This is what I'm trying to accomplish, (equal amount of spaces, although my my mailclient may mess it up)
foo             hard          nproc           0
foobar       hard          nproc           0

This is what I'm getting, one space between the columns,
foo hard nproc 0
foobar hard nproc 0

This works,
# augtool> set /files/etc/security/limits.conf/domain[1] "foo"
# save
# Saved 1 file(s)

# augtool> set /files/etc/security/limits.conf/domain[1] "foo   " # adding some spaces to make a nice "column-based" limits-file
# Saving failed

So basicall what Im asking is,

-          Is there a way to add spaces for each "domain-attribute" in the limits.conf ?

Best regards,
Patrik Martinsson, Sweden