[augeas-devel] cobbersettings lense

Dominic Cleal dcleal at redhat.com
Fri Apr 6 13:30:28 UTC 2012

On 06/04/12 14:26, Greg Swift wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 07:10, Dominic Cleal <dcleal at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> That may be very doable.  although the 'getting there is an
>>> interesting concept to me, although I guess they can do a required
>>> augeas-libs >= version.
>>
>> If it was included in Cobbler then their packages could install it to
>> /usr/share/augeas/lenses which would override any older/broken lens
>> shipped by Augeas in /usr/share/augeas/lenses/dist.
>
> We would still have to require a version of augeas that didn't provide
> the lense, because we can't provide a file that augeas-libs provides
> in our RPM.

They would be in different directories - the files under lenses/dist/
are shipped by Augeas packages, while those just under lenses/ are
supplied by other packages (libvirt, Cobbler etc).  Augeas will read
both directories and the Cobbler-shipped ones in lenses/ will take
precedence.

--
Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Consulting