[augeas-devel] ruby-augeas: fine grained exceptions

Ionuț Arțăriși iartarisi at suse.cz
Fri Jan 6 16:26:35 UTC 2012

Hi!

Sorry for taking so long with this. I have made the changes we have
talked about and have updated the pull request on github[1].

I think there should be no surprises in the code. I have renamed the old
augeas.rb tc_augeas.rb and some of the functions in _augeas.c with an
"_old" suffix and left them intact. Then I created the new Augeas class
with an `open` method which works exactly the same as before (and
returns an AugeasOld instance) and a `create` method which returns a new
API Augeas instance.

I haven't gotten around to fixing the second issue (digging for errors
in the Augeas tree).

Thanks,
Ionuț

[1] https://github.com/lutter/ruby-augeas/pull/1