[augeas-devel] Augeas/ruby/puppet issue

Erinn Looney-Triggs erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 02:03:54 UTC 2012

Who knows but somewhere in there something is going wrong, it probably
isn't augeas itself as via augtool I can set and it will work. Maybe the
ruby bindings, maybe puppet, anyway here is what I have:

class sysconfig_network {

        #We disable zeroconf and set nisdomainname for sudo
        augeas { "/etc/sysconfig/network":
                context => "/files/etc/sysconfig/network",
                changes => [ "set NOZEROCONF yes",
                             "set NISDOMAINNAME example.com" ],
                incl    => "/etc/sysconfig/init",
                lens    => "Shellvars.lns",
        }

}

And for /etc/sysconfig/network:

NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=foo.example.com
GATEWAY=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

And then in the puppet debug logs:

debug: Augeas[/etc/sysconfig/network](provider=augeas): Augeas version
0.9.0 is installed

debug: Augeas[/etc/sysconfig/network](provider=augeas): Will attempt to
save and only run if files changed

debug: Augeas[/etc/sysconfig/network](provider=augeas): sending command
'set' with params ["/files/etc/sysconfig/network/NOZEROCONF", "yes"]

debug: Augeas[/etc/sysconfig/network](provider=augeas): sending command
'set' with params ["/files/etc/sysconfig/network/NISDOMAINNAME",
"example.com"]
debug: Augeas[/etc/sysconfig/network](provider=augeas): Skipping because
no files were changed

debug: Augeas[/etc/sysconfig/network](provider=augeas): Closed the
augeas connection

This is all on a RHEL 6 system, packages:

puppet-2.6.13-2.el6.noarch
augeas-0.9.0-1.el6.x86_64
ruby-augeas-0.3.0-2.el6.x86_64

No real ideas, getting late in my day, will look into it further
tomorrow. But let me know if y'all have some.

-Erinn