[augeas-devel] Squid (and squid-deb-proxy) lens

Danny Yates danny at codeaholics.org
Thu Jul 5 10:32:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've recently set up a package called "squid-deb-proxy" on Ubuntu. This is
essentially a Squid instance pre-configured to cache Debian .deb files. In
doing so, 2 things came up:

1) The default Squid lens doesn't know about the squid-deb-proxy conf file
(which is a Squid conf file in a non-standard location)
2) The cache_access_log setting was missing

I made a whole new lens file to deal with this, but I suspect that a better
approach would be to add the cache_access_log setting to the regular Squid
lens, and also make the lens understands the location of the
squid-deb-proxy conf file.

Attached is a diff between the Squid lens in trunk (commit 8012a34a) and my
custom lens. As you can, all I've done is added the new setting and changed
the path to the conf file. Since I'm not sure how to make a lens understand
multiple locations for conf files, I haven't submitted a patch.

Thanks,

Danny.