[augeas-devel] [Augeas] #260: missing third arg in call to escape() in regexp.c on !HAVE_USELOCALE codepath

Augeas trac at fedorahosted.org
Fri Mar 2 17:18:23 UTC 2012

#260: missing third arg in call to escape() in regexp.c on !HAVE_USELOCALE
codepath
----------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  solstice  |       Owner:  lutter
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Blocking:            |
----------------------+---------------------
 Building augeas 0.10.0 on x86_64-sun-solaris2.10 with the no-cost
 Oracle/Sun Studio 12.2 compiler toolchain.

 While building regexp.c, I get

 "regexp.c", line 53: prototype mismatch: 2 args passed, 3 expected

 It looks like the compiler is correct; the prototype from internal.h has 3
 arguments.  I'm guessing the !HAVE_USELOCALE codepath is uncommon.

 I'm not certain what the correct fix is for this case.  To get it to
 compile, I just emulated the escape() call in the !HAVE_USELOCALE
 codepath, where RX_ESCAPES is passed as the 3rd argument.

 I'll attach the patch, though I doubt it's the correct fix.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/augeas/ticket/260>
Augeas <http://augeas.net/>