[augeas-devel] cutting a new release

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Sat Oct 20 03:01:42 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 23:31 -0400, David N. Blank-Edelman wrote:
> Hi-
>   Back in July we talked a bit about how the last stable release doesn't build properly on OSX. The stable release seems to be the only one packaged up by the various OSX packaging systems. Here's the start of that thread:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/augeas-devel/2012-July/msg00012.html
>
> It seemed like one solution to the build issue would be to cut a new
> stable release (the last one being December of 2011), since the issue
> that causes the malfunction on OSX (the included version of gnulib) is
> definitely fixed in later versions.
>
> Don't mean to pester, but I'm curious if there are any current plans
> to cut a new stable release? Thanks!

You are right - it's high time we make a release. I would like to fix
the remaining issues with the square lens (essentially so that we can
use it to strip quotes, there's some typechecking headaches with that)

I am hoping that I can get that done in the next couple of weeks, and
make a release after that.