[augeas-devel] inifile with semicolon in entries?

Simon Beale simon at minos.org.uk
Wed Jul 31 17:53:27 UTC 2013

Hi

I'm trying to handle an inifile style config file that contains semicolons
in a few of the entries, and failing because "Get did not match entire
input" on them.

Ironically one of the entries in the config file that I'm trying to
change, is the entry that indicates that a semicolon is the delimiter to
use for those other offending entries in the config file.

Example entries that it's failing on are:
client_skip_content=User-Agent: NSPlayer; User-Agent: RMA
client_skip_content_sp=;

I'm using augeas 0.9.0 from CentOS 6, with a lens based on the Puppet one,
with a change to it of just:

-let entry   = IniFile.indented_entry IniFile.entry_re sep comment
+let entry_re    = ( /[A-Za-z;][A-Za-z0-9;\._-]*/ )
+let entry   = IniFile.indented_entry entry_re sep comment

In spite of the semicolon appearing in the new regexp, it's still throwing
errors. I feel I might be overlooking obvious, but any pointers would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon