[augeas-devel] Burned by our git repos again

David Lutterkort lutter at watzmann.net
Fri May 17 04:02:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:15 AM, Dominic Cleal <dcleal at redhat.com> wrote:

> The last problem might be David's GitHub repo, which has a larger set of
> forks/stars than the hercules-team org repo, plus receives PRs directly
> - ideally hercules-team would act as the upstream instead.  If David's
> willing, it could be transferred to hercules-team and we replace the
> current augeas repo there.
>
> It may also be worth asking GitHub if they can help us - the web
> suggests their staff may be able to rejig the fork relationships via a
> support request.  If so, David may be able to open a request to transfer
> forks/stars to the hercules-team repo from his own, then recreate his as
> a fork of hercules-team, which would make the ancestry clearer.

 I've asked the Github folks, and they said there's no way to somehow unify
the two repos. I am all for transferring my repo to the HT org, and then me
forking from there.

Any objections to that ? (We'd lose some of the styars/forks from the HT
repo, but I am hoping it's not going to be too disruptive)