[augeas-devel] Git repo rejiggering

David Lutterkort lutter at watzmann.net
Fri May 17 17:00:25 UTC 2013

Hi all,

right now, we have too independent 'upstream' repositories, the HT one[1]
and mine [2] - a confusing situation. I will do the following in the next
few minutes:

   - rename the HT repo to augeas-do-not-use; we'll keep this around until
   all pull requests and issues against it have been resolved
   - transfer my repo to HT as the canonical upstream repo

I am doing this mostly because my repo has more forks and stars than the HT
one.

I am bcc'ing this to everybody who forked the HT repo and has a public
email address on their Github account. If you have forked the HT repo, you
want to delete your fork in Github and refork the new HT repo. You should
then be able to push any of your private branches back into your Github
fork so that there is no differences between your old and new fork.

Sorry for the complications, w eshould have done that when we set up the HT
org, but didn't ...

David

[1] https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas
[2] https://github.com/lutter/augeas