[augeas-devel] Fwd: Issues with automounter lens

Ian Mortimer i.mortimer at uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 3 22:16:29 UTC 2013

On 03/09/13 23:12, Patrick Spinler wrote:

> That's unfortunate, since I'd like to use this a puppet recipe, and I
> don't know when I invoke this whether or not the option exists when I
> invoke it.  I'm not even sure whether the entry exists.  All I know is
> that I want this entry, and I want it in this specific form.

The only way I've found to get around this, is to have two augeas
resource settings in puppet.  One to ins and set the value if it
doesn't exist and a second that just sets the value.

The first needs an onlyif clause so it doesn't run if the entry already
exists.   The second must be scheduled after the first with either
require or -> chaining.

--
Ian
      i.mortimer at uq.edu.au     Ian Mortimer