[augeas-devel] recent centos 6 update and nagioscfg lense

Jason Normand jnormand at tracelink.com
Wed Feb 26 19:32:17 UTC 2014

We are running augeas, via puppet to append some changes to our nagios.cfg
file.  however with the latest round of updates (version 1.0.0-5.el6) have
changed the nagioscfg.aug lense.  This seems to be causing issues with our
nagios setup (nagios version 3.5.1-1.el6).

doing some digging i have found that the lense was changed (on april 27,
2012) to use spaces in its key value output.  this changed:

host_perfdata_command=process-host-perfdata

host_perfdata_command = process-host-perfdata

this change apparently breaks our nagios configuration.  nagios will not
parse the variables and just ignores them. has anyone else run into this
issue? and if so are there any changes that would fix this, other than
going outside the centos 6 repos for lenses or nagios versions?  I have
confirmed that the latest version of the nagioscfg lense has the same issue.

for the time being we have no problem reverting to the old lense, since our
usage is pretty basic.  but this will obviously be an out of band fix that
could trip us up in the future.

--
Jason M Normand

TraceLink Inc