[augeas-devel] NASL lens entry

Raphaël Pinson raphael.pinson at camptocamp.com
Thu Jan 9 23:35:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

Le 9 janv. 2014 22:51, "Tim Brigham" <timbrigham at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I wanted to ask about how I'm handling one point in writing the lens for
parsing my NASL files.

> I'm using two cases for my end of line, those that end with a semicolon
only and those that end with a closing parenthesis. e.g.

> let cparen      = del /\)/ ")"

This is actually Util.del_str ")"

> let semic       = Util.del_str ";"
> let dquote      = Util.del_str "\""

It is better now to rely on the Quote module for safe/ automatic quote
management.

> let comma       = del /,/ ","
> let colon       = del /:[ \t]*/ ": "
> let eol         = del /[ \t]*\n/ "\n"

It's good practice tous Util.eol here

> let del_opt_ws = del /[ \t]*/ ""
> let equal       = del /[ \t]*=[ \t]*/ "="

this is Sep.space_equal

> let oparen      = del /\(/ "("
>
> let cparen_entry (kw:string) = [ del_opt_ws .  key kw . oparen .
value_to_cparen . cparen . semic . eol   ]

>From your example below, it seems like you'd rather want a value_to_dquote.

> let semic_entry (kw:string) = [  del_opt_ws . key kw  . equal .
 value_to_semic .  semic . eol ]

> This works perfectly until I run into something where I have an embedded
closing parenthesis in a given line, e.g

>  script_copyright("This script is Copyright (C) 2004 Michel Arboi");
>

> My thought is something like this should work to generalize it but I'm
not sure how to define value_to_something.

> let refined_entry (kw:string) = [ del_opt_ws . key kw . ( oparen | equal
) . value_to_something . cparen{0,1} . semic . eol  ]

> The (oparen|equal) comes back with
> exception: overlapping lenses in tree union.put
>     Example matched by both:
>     First lens: lens/nasl.aug:24.14-.26:
>     Second lens: lens/nasl.aug:23.13-.36:

see my comment above on value_to_dquote. Again, the Quote module can help
you here.

cheers,

Raphaël