[augeas-devel] augeas.net/pages URLs broken?

JENNINGS, JARED L CTR USAF AFMC 96 SK/CCI jared.jennings.ctr at us.af.mil
Wed Nov 19 20:31:00 UTC 2014

I encountered 404 errors getting to pages like <http://augeas.net/page/Tracking_down_errors>. Should that URL point to something?

Additionally I encountered a message stating that "This page has been temporarily disabled due to a misconfigured custom domain." It pointed me at the blog entry explaining the issue, at <https://github.com/blog/1917-github-pages-legacy-ip-deprecation>.

So - if these pages are properly to be accessed using http://augeas.net/page/ , it seems some sort of fix action must be undertaken by someone in charge of augeas.net.

I've suggested that the links from Puppet's Augeas documentation to these wiki pages be changed to point to github.com (e.g. <https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas/wiki/Tracking-down-errors>) rather than augeas.net, in the ticket I filed at <https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/DOCUMENT-225>. Please, someone with more clue than I have about how things should be, add a comment there.

 -- Jared Jennings, RHCE, Network Administrator, SURVICE Engineering Co.