[augeas-devel] Support for regex captures in key?

Raphaël Pinson raphael.pinson at camptocamp.com
Thu Nov 27 18:38:27 UTC 2014

Hi Richard,

You need to delete the parts you're not interested in. In your uri= case,
use:

key /[A-Za-z0-9_:]+/ . del /[ \t]+=/ " ="

Raphael

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 6:42 PM, Richard Dawe <rich.dawe at messagesystems.com>
wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  I would like to use they key lens to capture part of a regular
> expression, to use as the label. Is this possible using a POSIX extended
> regular expression capture? It does not seem work. E.g.: key /foo(bar)/ ->
> label of “bar”.
>
>  Background: I am writing a lens to parse one of the proprietary
> configuration formats used by my company’s products. At the moment I am
> capturing the name of an array using something like:
>
>    key /[A-Za-z0-9_:]+[ \t]+=/
>
>  which, for example, results in a key like “uri =“. I would like it be
> more like “uri”. Ideally I’d like it to be “uri()” to indicate it’s an
> array.
>
>  The reason I’m matching the equals sign is to disambiguate the lens from
> another lens, to avoid ambiguities during the put operation.
>
>  Presumably POSIX ERE captures don’t work because the whole label is
> needed in order for the put operation to work?
>
>  Thanks, best regards, Richard Dawe

Raphaël Pinson
Infrastructure Developer & Training Leader
+33 479 26 57 93
+33 781 90 00 79

Camptocamp France
Savoie Technolac