[augeas-devel] Issue using Simplevars lense for custom config management

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 19:16:39 UTC 2015

> I think this is related, it looks like it works if you delete the empty
> node and then recreate it:
> augtool> rm /files/client.conf/sysMgmtdHost
> rm : /files/client.conf/sysMgmtdHost 2
> augtool> set /files/client.conf/sysMgmtdHost 192.168.1.1
> augtool> save
> Saved 1 file(s)
> --
> Dominic Cleal
> dominic at cleal.org

Dominic,

Sorry for delay, I was getting digests and overlooked your response.

Any suggestion on how to tweak the lens to not require a rm + set to handle
values that are already empty?  My lens is essentially just the
 Simiplevars lens that I've renamed and updated the incl values.  Attached
is current lens I'm working with.

Thanks,
- Trey