[augeas-devel] Ruby Augeas 0.6.3 in sid

Raphaël Pinson raphael.pinson at camptocamp.com
Fri Jun 5 07:00:24 UTC 2015

Hello,

I just noticed that you uploaded ruby-augeas 0.6.3 to sid a few days ago.

This is very problematic. This version of ruby-augeas [0] is a fork that is
not maintained by the Augeas team, and breaks the existing API big time,
without a compatibility interface.

Such a change in libraries will likely break Puppet in Debian, and I see no
way that this forked API will be supported in Puppet any time soon.

Was this upload a mistake, or was it intentional?

Regards,

Raphaël

[0] https://rubygems.org/gems/augeas

--
Raphaël Pinson
Infrastructure Developer & Training Leader

Camptocamp France
Savoie Technolac
BP 352
48, avenue du Lac du Bourget