[augeas-devel] Does augeas support grub2 config files

Raphaël Pinson raphael.pinson at camptocamp.com
Tue Jun 16 06:05:28 UTC 2015

Hi Gaurav,

If I remember correctly, grub.cfg is not really a configuration
file—contrarily to what its name might promise—but rather a shell script,
with lots of commands and logic in there. You might try to parse it using
Shellvars.lns, but there's no garantee that it will work at all.

Cheers,

Raphaël

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 1:47 AM, Gaurav Dalvi <gaurav1424 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been truing to modify /boot/grub2/grub.cfg file using augeas. I
> dont think it supports grub.cfg file.
>
> I was able to take take entire parameter from /etc/default/grub file and
> then altering it, then executing grub2-mkconfig --ouput
> /boot/grub2/grub.cfg , serves the purpose. But I need more granularity when
> it comes parsing grub2 related files.
>
> Could you please tell me whether augeas support grub2 config files or not
> and if yes, could you please point me to documentation ?
>
> Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help.
> Awaiting your reply.
>
> [image: --]
> Gaurav Dalvi
> [image: http://]about.me/gaurav_dalvi
> <http://about.me/gaurav_dalvi?promo=email_sig>

Raphaël Pinson
Infrastructure Developer & Training Leader
+33 458 482 013

Camptocamp France
Savoie Technolac
BP 352