[augeas-devel] Making a release

David Lutterkort lutter at watzmann.net
Thu Apr 28 23:43:45 UTC 2016

Hi all,

shockingly, it's been almost a year since 1.4.0 has been released. I'd like
to get a new release out soon. To that end, I've opened this PR
<https://github.com/hercules-team/augeas/pull/369> and uploaded a tarball
for anybody who wants to give that a quick spin.

One thing that I didn't notice until now was that the Json lens has seen
quite a bit of change and now accepts comments - while that's definitely a
much nicer format than 'standard' Json, I wonder if it wouldn't be better
to do that with a different lens, say 'JsonWithComments' and leave the
existing Json lens as it was.