[augeas-devel] Narcissus, a go reflection for Augeas

Raphaël Pinson raphael.pinson at camptocamp.com
Thu Aug 11 14:09:28 UTC 2016

Hello,

Most of you know the Augeasproviders project, which features Ruby-based
providers for Puppet using the Augeas library. At the heart of the
Augeasproviders project, the augeasproviders_core library provides methods
to map between the Augeas tree and the Puppet type parameters and
properties.

In the same kind of idea, I have started playing with a project using go
reflection to map the Augeas tree to go structures.

The project can be found on GitHub[0]. It is still very fresh (I started it
this morning), but it features a few built-in structures for basic files:

  * Hosts
  * Passwd
  * Services

For now, only parsing (Augeas -> Struct) is supported, but I plan to add
writing (Struct -> Augeas) to reflect the structure to the Augeas tree and
save the tree.

Feedback, issues & PRs are welcome!

Raphaël

[0] https://github.com/raphink/narcissus
--
Raphaël Pinson
Infrastructure Developer & Training Leader

Camptocamp France
Savoie Technolac
BP 352
48, avenue du Lac du Bourget