[augeas-devel] Saving changed tree to file does not work but no error message

Christoph Molitor christoph.molitor at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 1 16:05:45 UTC 2016

Dear all,

first of all a happy new year to everyone.

I am trying to use the augeas C API to apply changes to the "/etc/network/interfaces" file.
So far I was able to apply changes to the tree. However, I am not able to save the changes back to the file.
First, I thought it is a problem with the permissions. However, I copied the interfaces file to a different folder and it still does not work.
Using the command line tool augtool, I am able to make the changes and save them to the file.

I uploaded an (almost) minimal version of my program to:
https://github.com/cmolitor/AugeasDemoC

The repository includes an example „interfaces“.
I am working on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Jessie.
It would be great if someone could give me a hint what I am doing work and where the problem might come from.

Thanks for your support!

Christoph