[augeas-devel] Please confirm: Augeas cannot use number labels in node tests

Raphaël Pinson raphael.pinson at camptocamp.com
Mon Jan 11 10:54:28 UTC 2016

Hi Xavier,

Augeas XPath doesn't like digits are label values because it recognizes
them as ints. The trick is to use `./` in front:

     match /*[./1 = "second"]

will work

Raphaël

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Mol, Xavier (SCC) <xavier.mol at kit.edu>
wrote:

> Hello Augeas experts,
>
> can someone please confirm to me, that Augeas is unable to relate to
> numbered nodes in nodes tests with their label?
>
> augtool> set /a/1 "first"
> augtool> set /b/1 "second"
> augtool> match /*[1 = "second"]
> error: Invalid path expression
> error: type error
> /*[1 = "second"]|=|
>
> There are alternative expressions one can use to pick the right node - e.g.
>
> augtool> match /*[*[1] = "second"]
> /b = (none)
> augtool> match /*[*[label() = "1"][. = "second"]]
> /b = (none)
>
> But still I'm wondering whether this is intentional.
>
> Ciao,
> Xavier.
>
> PS: This one obviously fails, because the string "1" will never equal
> "second"...
>
> augtool> match /*["1" = "second"]
>   (no matches)
>

> ****
> Karlsruher Institute of Technology (KIT)
> Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
>
> B. Sc. Xavier Mol
> GridKa Storage Administrator and Support Manager
>
> Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
> Geb. 449
> 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen
> Phone: +49 721 608 23041
> Email: xavier.mol at kit.edu
> www.kit.edu
> KIT - University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and National
> Large-scale Research Center of the Helmholtz Association
> "Since 2010, the KIT has been certified as a family-friendly university."
> ****

Raphaël Pinson
Infrastructure Developer & Training Leader
+33 458 482 013

Camptocamp France
Savoie Technolac
BP 352