[augeas-devel] is this inifile parseable? Dupe section names, sections identified by variable inside

Ron ron.arts at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 11:18:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

I bumped into augeas while writing a puppet module for MySQL Cluster, which
uses a cluster ini file which seems rather specific:

[ndb_mgmd default]
DataDir=/var/lib/mysql

[ndb_mgmd]
NodeId=51
HostName=london

[ndb_mgmd]
NodeId=52
HostName=frankfurt

[ndbd default]
DataDir=/var/lib/mysql
NoOfReplicas=3    # Number of replicas
DataMemory=80M    # How much memory to allocate for data storage
IndexMemory=18M   # How much memory to allocate for index storage

[ndbd]
NodeId=1
HostName=london

[ndbd]
NodeId=2
HostName=frankfurt

[mysqld default]

[mysqld]
NodeId=61
HostName=london

[mysqld]
NodeId=62
HostName=frankfurt

There are sections which have the same name, but are unique because of the
NodeId
parameter. Before I start learning augeas, I need to know of this is
doable, easy or hard to do, do I need to write a new ini file lens?

Thanks for your insights,

Ron Arts

BTW sorry for misusing the devel list, but the IRC channel was deserted.