[augeas-devel] General Lens

Michael Boldi mboldi at uptycs.com
Mon Jun 25 17:15:08 UTC 2018

Hi,
I was hoping to find a lens for a generic file like   /etc/motd  ..
I need to look for certain illegal strings as well as verify some strings
exist.

I would imagine the key is line# and value would be the entire line ..
I guess the lack of keys in the motd may prohibit this ?

I wrote a simple ( lens creator newbie )   lens to do this ..
Is this 2request worth submitting ?  Or can we introduce my simple lens
into the library ?

Here ..

module Motd =
  autoload xfm

let word = /[^# \n\t\/]+/

let sto_line = store /[^# \t\n].*$/

let record = [ key word . (Util.del_ws_tab . sto_line)? . Util.eol ]

let lns = ( Util.empty | Util.comment | record ) *
let filter = (
   incl "/etc/motd" .
   incl "/etc/issue" .
   incl "/etc/issue.net" )