[augeas-devel] Partial answer to augeas not being able to parse / deal with sshd_config Match blocks...

Mol, Xavier (SCC) xavier.mol at kit.edu
Fri Apr 23 07:06:12 UTC 2021

Hi Spike,

I don’t know your use case, but wouldn’t it be easier to tell Augeas to add UsePrivilegeSeparation before the first Match block?

augtool> ins UsePrivilegeSeparation before /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/Match[1]
augtool> set /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/UsePrivilegeSeparation yes

Of course, this doesn’t work out anymore when you are not sure UsePrivilegeSeparation wasn’t set before already. sshd_config will be correct anyway, but this approach would add another ‘UsePrivilegeSeparation = yes’ line every time.

Ciao,
Xavier.