[augeas-devel] augsuggest - an Augeas tool for creating idempotent augtool scripts

George Hansper george-augeas at hansper.id.au
Tue Oct 25 19:48:41 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I'm thinking that the original name *augprint* is easier to remember and
also seems to describe what the tool is doing, more so than augsuggest

I think I should rename this back to augprint even though it does more
than just the "print" a pathfrom augtool.

If run with -v or --verbose augprint (aka augsuggest) will  output the
corresponding path+value from the augtool 'print' command, as comments.
So there is a strong correlation with 'print'.

Any thoughts or objections to renaming using augprint in preference to
augsuggest ?

Regards,

George Hansper