[Avocado-devel] Avocado 0.17.0 released!

Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues lmr at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 21:31:28 UTC 2014

Hello everyone:

I'm here to tell you that we have released Avocado 0.17.0! We are
particularly proud of this release, since it fixes a couple of long
standing bugs, and also provides some awesome new features:

New features:

avocado:

* HTML job report plugin, that gives users the ability to generate a
nice and good looking report of the testing activities.
* --wrapper feature, that allows users to write scripts to wrap the
execution of test commands. You can use it to profile your QEMU
instance during the test with perf/ltrace, for example.
* Support for the GDB remote protocol inside avocado.
* A new config plugin, that allows users to see the current
configuration keys set for their particular instances of avocado, and
help you to modify values if you wish so.
* Tweaks and documentation improvements in the requirements.txt file,
and the split of the file into other requirements files, with more
specific purpose.
* Fix a deadlock that occurred when the main test code has an early
abort.
* Fix a temporary dir issue, that had potential security implications.

avocado-virt plugin:

* Introduction of QEMU command line templates, to make it easier for
people to provide specific command lines to be run inside avocado virt
specific tests.
* Fix a bug in migration process end detection, the code is now more
robust and reliable.

avocado-server:

* Introduction of software components and test environment data models,
preparing the server for a big feature: Automated bisection of failed
tests.

infrastructure:

* Avocado has now a web page, courtesy of github pages:

http://avocado-framework.github.io/

We hope you like it! Please let us know what you think.

Get avocado!

The link below has instructions on how to get started with avocado:

http://avocado-framework.readthedocs.org/en/latest/GetStartedGuide.html

Happy automated testing with avocado!

The avocado team