[Avocado-devel] Multiplexer design recent discussions summary

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 08:03:52 UTC 2015

On 24/04/2015 07:26, Lukáš Doktor wrote:
> Hello guys, please accept my apology for not being there.

You had a great excuse, I was told. :)

> I love you Paolo. You managed to talk others into what I proposed at the
> beginning. Because what you proposed is actually `!mux`. It's ~10 times
> faster in basic implementation and easier to understand by my brain.
>
> Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you.

LOL!  That's great then.

> Hmm, I never seen the last email. I'll take a deeper look. Anyway apart
> from the different node value overwrite it should be separable. When the
> code is ready I'll investigate this last element and try to come up with
> some designs and alternative solutions if possible.

I had an example of a MuxBuilder lying around from December.  It doesn't
use BDD so there is totally no support for only/no (though the simple
kind you have now on the command line, with ANDs only, should be easy to
add).

I'll try to post the code later.

> Thank you, guys, for discussing whats still missing. It's still very
> early and there is plenty of space for improvement. My idea is to try to
> port virt-test's cartesian configs and see what are the options, what is
> possible, what are the options and what kind of tree it leads to (to see
> the direction we need to optimize for).

Feel free to bring me into any further discussions.  I'm happy to be
product (co)owner if you do Scrum.

Paolo