[Avocado-devel] `list' cmd for avocado-vt

Andrei Stepanov astepano at redhat.com
Wed Aug 12 10:06:11 UTC 2015

>> VT           type_specific.io-github-spiceqa-spice.rv.rv_connect
>> VT           type_specific.io-github-spiceqa-spice.rv.rv_connect
>> VT           type_specific.io-github-spiceqa-spice.rv.rv_connect
>>

>> Is there a way to print full test name ?

> No. The list command was coded to display the test's shortname. What's
> probably happening here is that your subtests.cfg file has several
> tests with the same shortname. I'd try to check the files generated and
> verify for repeated names. You can also modify the list command to
> display the full name (check the virt_test_list.py plugin).

I am a bit confused.

I have correct subtests.cfg
Each test has unique short-name.

Your approach supposes that same test runs only once.
But it is not true, same test can run few times, using different configuration.
User will see only test name few times.
It is not clear what configuration is used for running particular test.

Why do not use full test name for `list' command?

Thanks.