[Avocado-devel] Fwd: Remote Machine does not seem to have avocado installed

Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues lookkas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 21:45:14 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 6:36 PM Krishneil Singh <krishneil.singh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have recently testing Avocado for some automation process. I have run in
> an error when when running commands on remote machine with RHEL 7.1
> distro.  When running remote command the following errors comes up: "
> Avocado job failed: JobError : Remote machine does not seem to have avocado
> installed ". The remote machine has avocado frame work installed. I have
> tested with both git and rpm versions of avocado frame work and both
> versions can run avocado commands locally but not remotely.
>
> Remote execution does seem to work on Ubuntu OS  but not on RHEL 7.1 OS.
>
> command used:
>
> avocado run --remote-hostname 10.0.x.x --remote-username root
> --remote-password xx sleeptest

I wonder why the heuristics to detect avocado in the remote machine are
failing. If I'm not mistaken we verify the exit code of the command
executed, and if it's 127 (command not found), return this, but I'd need to
check. Let me open a card in our trello board:

https://trello.com/c/2IklgVjy/392-bug-remote-machine-does-not-seem-to-have-avocado-installed-in-rhel-7-1

I'll talk to my colleagues about it in our sprint meetings and will try to
address it as soon as possible.

Thanks!