[Avocado-devel] Fwd: Remote Machine does not seem to have avocado installed

Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues lmr at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 03:01:55 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Krishneil Singh
<krishneil.singh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have recently testing Avocado for some automation process. I have
> run in an error when when running commands on remote machine with
> RHEL 7.1 distro.  When running remote command the following errors
> comes up: " Avocado job failed: JobError : Remote machine does not
> seem to have avocado installed ". The remote machine has avocado
> frame work installed. I have tested with both git and rpm versions of
> avocado frame work and both versions can run avocado commands locally
> but not remotely.
>
> Remote execution does seem to work on Ubuntu OS  but not on RHEL 7.1
> OS.
>
> command used:
>
> avocado run --remote-hostname 10.0.x.x --remote-username root
> --remote-password xx sleeptest

Hey Krishneil,

I did improve the SSH connection/operation log for avocado, which will
hopefully make it easier for us to debug the problem you are having.
Right now it's a Pull Request and it's under review:

https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado/pull/698

If by any chance in the meantime you could test this with your machines
that reproduce the bug you reported, can you merge my branch

git checkout -b lmr-fix-fabric-logging master
git pull https://github.com/lmr/avocado.git fix-fabric-logging

(those instructions can also be found in the pull request itself)

And run the reproducer again? (avocado run --remote-hostname 10.0.x.x
--remote-username root --remote-password xx sleeptest)

This time, in the top level job directory there should be an ssh.log
file with detailed information. I hope that the extra info might help
us solve this problem you're having.

Thanks, and sorry it took me so long to implement this.

Lucas