[Avocado-devel] Avocado 0.21.0 released!

Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues lmr at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 05:57:02 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

Another Sprint finishes, which means we get a new avocado release! This
time we have some sweet new features for you:

* Avocado is now compatible with python 2.6 and distros that ship 2.6
as their default runtime, such as RHEL 6 and CentOS 6. Our CI
environment was updated to test under 2.6 and 2.7 targets
* Avocado rest client application (lets you talk to the avocado server
application)
* A new option was added to disable colored output in the config file,
runner.output.colored
* A new option was added to add commands that will profile new test job
runs, sysinfo.collect.profiler_commands
* The documentation was updated with GDB instrumentation examples
(besides the normal docs update on new features/patchsets)

* API Change: avocado.utils.io -> avocado.utils.genio
* API Change: avocado.utils.process.find_command ->
avocado.utils.path.find_command
* API Change: avocado.utils.process.CmdNotFoundError ->
avocado.utils.path.CmdNotFoundError

* BUGFIX: remote machine could get stuck waiting on human input on
paginator
* BUGFIX: Avocado crashes on certain test defined exceptions
* BUGFIX: Internal HTML report links when using remote/vm plugins
* BUGFIX: Job directory generated even when 'avocado run' had option
validation errors
* BUGFIX: When installing avocado as an RPM, some example tests stop
working
* BUGFIX: Avocado crashes if a remote test is missing

The complete list with the 130 commits can be seen here:

https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado/compare/0.20.1...0.21.0

We're pondering ways to improve our Changelog process, and I hope this
is a good start (still figuring out a good long term storage of
changelog texts).

Happy testing!

The avocado team