[Avocado-devel] Quickstart for users to use avocado framework to run existing tests

Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues lookkas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 09:35:40 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 6:50 AM srikanth <sraithal at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently to get started off and figure out lets say virttest files
> location it takes a bit of time, not huge though. From my experience as
> end-user so far.. have prepared a real quick start off guide to users
> who would just want to be able to run the existing qemu/libvirt tests
> using avocado.
>
> Requesting your comments on the same. Many thanks for your time in advance.

Nice document you've got there. I believe you got things mostly right,
avocado-virt is our proof of concept of how a better virt-test would look
like, and it's going to take a while until it's fleshed out and we're all
ready to move there from virt-test. Like Lukas said, if you want, you could
incorporate your notes to the official avocado-vt/avocado-virt
documentation, just send a PR and we'll review it.

Cheers!

Lucas