[Avocado-devel] Howto change Avocado Data Directories ?

Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues lmr at redhat.com
Tue Sep 8 15:27:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Andrei Stepanov <astepano at redhat.com>
wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have tried different approaches to get base dir different from
> /var/lib/avocado
>
> But all the same. It takes /var/lib/avocado no matter what.
>
> What is right approach ?
>
> # ./scripts/avocado config --datadir
> Config files read (in order):
>     /mnt/tests/spice/qe-tests/avocado/etc/avocado/avocado.conf
>     /mnt/tests/spice/qe-tests/avocado/etc/avocado/conf.d/gdb.conf
>     /mnt/tests/spice/qe-tests/avocado/etc/avocado/conf.d/vt.conf
>
> Avocado replaces config dirs that can't be accessed
> with sensible defaults. Please edit your local config
> file to customize values
>
> Avocado Data Directories:
>     base     /var/lib/avocado
>     tests    /mnt/tests/spice/qe-tests/avocado/examples/tests
>     data     /var/lib/avocado/data
>     logs     /var/lib/avocado/job-results
>

> # head /mnt/tests/spice/qe-tests/avocado/etc/avocado/avocado.conf
> [datadir.paths]
> # Avocado data dir (holds tests and test auxiliary data, such as ISO
> files).
> #base_dir = /usr/share/avocado
> base_dir = /mnt/tests/spice/qe-tests/avocado_run

I've just tried the following to ensure there wasn't any new crazy bug:

vim ~/.config/avocado/avocado.conf
[datadir.paths]
base_dir = /tmp/sbruble-avocado
logs_dir = /tmp/sbruble-avocado/job-results

avocado config --datadir
Config files read (in order):
    /etc/avocado/avocado.conf
    /etc/avocado/conf.d/gdb.conf
    /home/lmr/.config/avocado/avocado.conf

Avocado replaces config dirs that can't be accessed
with sensible defaults. Please edit your local config
file to customize values

Avocado Data Directories:
    base     /tmp/sbruble-avocado
    tests    /home/lmr/avocado/tests
    data     /home/lmr/avocado/data
    logs     /tmp/sbruble-avocado/job-results

avocado run /bin/true
JOB ID     : b62b64a632c53d2d21550ca4429b292f60223053
JOB LOG    :
/tmp/sbruble-avocado/job-results/job-2015-09-08T12.08-b62b64a/job.log
TESTS      : 1
 (1/1) /bin/true: PASS (0.00 s)
RESULTS    : PASS 1 | ERROR 0 | FAIL 0 | SKIP 0 | WARN 0 | INTERRUPT 0
TIME       : 0.00 s

So the configurable locations feature is working as expected. Keep in
mind that if you are running from git repos, then you have to modify
the in tree config files. I've fixed the avocado configuration in PR
https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado/pull/778 to make the
alternate location explicit.